PULVER WINS DESPITE BROKEN FOOT
Veteran Jens Pulver wins a split decision over downstate Illinois fighter Wade Choate at Chicago Cagefighting Championship III in Villa Park. The fight was standup match which saw Pulver pressing forward most of the night and Choate circling from the outside and selectively picking his times to trade. Pulver revealed in the post-fight interview he had broken his foot in the first round of the contest. This makes two wins in a row for Pulver since hooking up with Team Curran.
In the night’s other main event Chase Beebe from Gilbert Grappling/Midwest Training Center put his wrestling skills on display and ground and pounded his way to a unanimous decision win over veteran Jiu Jitsu player Steve Kinnisen. Beebe spent most of the night working from top position and made a couple kimura attempts from inside Kinnisen’s half guard.
Felice Herrig bounced back from a loss in January to finish Andrea Miller by TKO in the first round. After a brief exchange on the feet Herrig took the fight to the mat and worked herself to the mount and hit Miller with a flurry of punches till the referee stopped it.
The highlight of the night goes to Team Top Notch’s Giovanni Moljo who caught Carson Beebe, the younger brother of Chase, in an inverted triangle choke early in the first round.
Chicago Cagefighting Championship promoter Joe Smith is planning to produce another professional show later this year in October, and is also looking to throw an event for June.
- Jens Pulver def. Wade Choate via Split Decision
- Chase Beebe def. Steve Kinnisen via Unanimous Decision
- Felice Herrig def. Andrea Miller via TKO(ref stoppage) @ 3:30 of 1st Round
- Mike Pitz def. Dan Bolden via Triangle Choke @ 4:38 of 1st Round
- Giovanni Moljo def. Carson Beebe via Inverted Triangle Choke @ 52 of 1st Round
- Eric Kriegermeier def. Mike Santiago via Rear Naked Choke @ 3:48 of 2nd Round
- Christian Reynoso def. Wayne Grindstaff via Arm Bar @1:09 of 2nd Round
- Chris Haney def. Joey Diehl via Triangle Choke @ 3:39 of 2nd Round
- Will Brooks def. Guillermo Serment via Rear Naked Choke @ :45 of 2nd Round
- Jason Graves def. BJ Cajigas via Rear Naked Choke @ :31 of 1st Round